21. Februar 2023 V INTERNATIONAL UUNO KLAMI COMPOSITION COMPETITION (2023-2024)
The International Uuno Klami Composition Competition has won itself an established position as one of the world’s foremost composition competitions. Held at intervals of five years, the aim of the International Uuno Klami Composition Competition is to discover and promote contemporary European music and composition under the name of composer Uuno Klami (1900–1961) and to produce good new repertoire for a small orchestra of sinfonietta type. Citizens of any Nordic, EU or closely associated country may take part in the competition. Works entered for the competition should reach the Competition Office by 4 December 2023 at the latest. The works shortlisted for the finals will be performed by the Kymi Sinfonietta at two finals concerts, to be held in the cities of Kouvola and Kotka (Finland) in autumn 2024.
- The Jury will consist of composer Kalevi Aho (Chairman, Finland), composer Magnus Lindberg (Finland), composer Lotta Wennäkoski (Finland), composer Mats Larsson Gothe (Sweden) and, at a later stage, a conductor member Anna-Maria Helsing.
- The following prizes will be awarded:
I €11,000 / II €9,000 / III €7,000
- There is no age limit or an entrance fee.
- The competition will culminate in finals concerts at which the results will be announced and the prizes awarded. These concerts will be held in the autumn 2024 season in Kouvola and Kotka, Finland.
- For more information (rules in English, German, and French) on the competition, please visit the competition website at www.klamicompetition.fi